- Carl Hayden Community High School
College Info and Opportunities
1. Connect with YOUR College Rep(Next Steps) in February
Every Day in February from 3 – 4 pm
- Wildcat Wednesdays: https://arizona.zoom.us/j/5491098716
- Lumberjack Thursdays: http://bit.ly/39R94RG
- GCU Lopes Friday: https://zoom.us/j/98168720513
2. SENIORS Class of 2021 Workshops
FAFSA Line by Line in English
A Step by Step guide in completing the FAFSA
February 8th – 12th weeklong afterschool FAFSA workshops from 3-5 pm
February 25th afterschool FAFSA workshops from 3-5 pm
Join Zoom Meeting: https://asu.zoom.us/j/97398420177
FAFSA Drive In: EVERY PXU student who completes receives a GIFT CARD
High school seniors and their families are invited to join us for assistance submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Completing the FAFSA will help students’ access ﬁnancial aid and scholarships to help pay for college. Bring your laptop/device if you can. Limited devices will be available on a ﬁrst-come, ﬁrst-served basis.
- February 24th FAFSA Drive In at South 3-6 pm, 7th STREET parking Lot
Maricopa VIRTUAL Enrollment Day
Phoenix Union Foundation Scholarship Workshop: Phoenix Union Foundation Scholarship which in now included within the AZ Community Foundation Scholarship application is now OPEN!: The Arizona Community Foundation allows high school seniors and current college students throughout Arizona to apply for more than 100 scholarship awards online with one general application.
February 25, 2021 4:00 to 5:30 p.m.
March 10, 2021 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.
March 25, 2021 4:00 to 5:30 p.m.
April 7, 2020 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.
April 22, 2020 4:00 to 5:30 p.m.
3. Class of 2022 Spring/Summer College Workshops. More information can be found at https://www.pxu.org/Page/25414.
*Priority should be given to Class of 2022 however Class of 2023 is welcome to attend all Spring workshops and Summer ACT.
Use the QR code above
Use the link: http://bit.ly/38tnmsi
4. REMINDER: Parsons' Dreamers Scholarship Application at GCU. We will be hosting a 30 minute informational meeting next Thursday, February 11th at 1:00. I will need representation from each campus. I sent a general calendar invite to counselors for those interested in attending.
- 100, 4 year full tuition scholarships
- HS seniors with weighted GPA ≥ 3.5
- Undocumented student with DACA or submitted DACA application
- Deadline is May 1
- link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdGvEruUokk14JAsLgQCZh55YlJp1ZVxNSdI1UmIkKhtFGC3w/viewform
5. REMINDER: I am compiling a list of students offered admission to Highly Selective Colleges, Universities and Military Academies. I realize this first round will only be QuestBridge. Please continue to complete the form as Early Decision and Regular Decision notifications begin to come in. The form is only 6 questions.
6. REMINDER: FAFSA Dashboard: The Meta Network for School Improvement is a partnership between ACCESS ASU and the Be A Leader Foundation on the outcome of increasing well-matched postsecondary enrollment rates for Black, Latino and low-income students. Click on the PXU logo to access the FAFSA dashboard for all PXU schools.
META FAFSA Dashboard: http://azmeta.org/meta-dashboard/