Class of 2024: We are excited to welcome you to Central’s Freshman House!
Our new Freshman House was designed to help you have a great 9th grade experience. Students are teamed up with classmates, peer mentors, and teachers who are excited to support you as you navigate the beginning of your high school career.
- Students take 3 classes at a time (block schedule)
- Students share a team of core academic teachers
- A 9th grade counseling team
- Electives and extra-curriculars are available to all students in the house
- Small class sizes, centrally located on campus
- Extra support, tutoring, and peer mentors
Questions? Interested in more information? Contact:Dr. Lewandowski, Freshman House Coordinator email@example.com
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL FRESHMAN HOUSE MISSION & VISION
Central's Freshman House equips students with tools for personal success [ME] in a collaborative culture [WE], while guiding students to achieve their post-secondary goals [BE].
- Take ownership, responsibility, and demonstrate accountability
- Willingness to take risks-building confidence, curiosity, resilience and a hunger to learn
- Engaged in the Bobcat community while developing self-sufficiency by asking for help and communicating needs
- Develop empathy and awareness of those in the community, taking time to learn about each other
- Express and encourage individuality and the value of personal experiences in learning and how actions can impact others
- Apply learning and life skills to decision making and being a better citizen
- Model and practice innovative and creative learning opportunities while developing problem solving and reflective skills
- Encourage and celebrate the value of hard work and dedication to embrace challenges and opportunities