North High School IB Department1101 East Thomas RoadPhoenix, AZ 85014602-764-6532Director: Estaban FlemonsIB Counselor: Dawn Davis
It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.
~ Albert Einstein
Welcome to the North IB Program Website!Thank you for your interest in the IB program.
Current Events and News:
North High School 5-Year Review Presentation
IB Applications for the 2023-2024 School year are available now.
If you have questions about the IB Program
please contact the IB office to set up a meeting.
Students interested in the IB Program for the 2023 - 2024 school year should contact the IB Office at the email address below for more information.If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice HoursMonday - Friday7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.WHY CONSIDER THE IB PROGRAM?
- Focuses on preparing students for success in college.
- Increases college acceptance opportunities—many of the United States’ leading academic institutions grant students special considerations for having completed this rigorous college preparatory program.
- Prepares students for competence in all major academic areas.
- Results in opportunities for advanced standing or course credit at the college level.
- Promotes learning beyond current honors and Advanced Placement offerings.
- Promotes international understanding through a shared academic experience.
- Increases college scholarship opportunities.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS JUNIOR AND SENIOR YEAR
Students will take one IB exam from each of the following six subject areas during the junior and senior years:
Language A (native language - English)
Language B (second language - Spanish)
Individuals and Societies (History, Psychology, Environmental Systems, and World Religions)
Science (Biology, Chemistry, or Environmental Systems)
Elective (choice of a second science, a second social studies, a second foreign language, theatre arts, or visual arts)
IB DIPLOMA REQUIREMENTS
During the junior and senior years students will take six IB exams, three at a higher level and three at a standard level. One exam will be taken from each of the six subject areas listed above. In addition, the diploma candidate must meet the following three requirements:
Complete an interdisciplinary course called Theory of Knowledge,
Prepare an extended essay reflecting independent research, and
Complete a CAS project their Junior and Senior year (extracurricular activities that can be categorized as creativity, action, or service).