Name: Dario Alcantar
Subjects / Classes Taught: Spanish 1-2 and AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) for Juniors
Degree(s): Bachelors in Secondary Education (Arizona State University), Masters in Special Education (Grand Canyon University)
Hola! My name is Dario Alcantar. I am the Spanish 1-2 and AVID teacher here at Cesar Chavez. I am currently in my 4th year of teaching and have experience as both a special education teacher and a Spanish teacher. A little about me, I was born and raised here in Phoenix and both of my parents are from Michoacan in Mexico. I am honored to say that I am a former Cesar Chavez graduate from the class of 2012, so it is amazing to be able to come back to my community and give back to the students that may be having the same experiences that I encountered growing up. My class is rigorous in terms of what is expected everyday from the students, from classwork, behavior habits, and getting the job done. I am also an assistant wrestling coach here at Chavez, as a former wrestler myself of the Chavez wrestling program, we are accepting all boys and girls to come out and join the wrestling team so if you have any questions please email me!
Suggestions for additional content:
- Room # 6203
- Office Hours: 7:30- 3:00
- Textbook(s) Name(s): Autentico
- Teaching Philosophy: No excuses, get the job done
- Expectations: Be on time, get the work done, no excuses, no texting in class.
- Classroom Policies/Rules: All students must follow the PXU bylaws and the rules of each classroom teacher.
- Assignments: Can be found online on Clever
- Clubs sponsored/Sports coached: Wrestling