About Phoenix Coding Academy
This innovative specialty small school, focused on computer coding and multiple technology pathways through an inquiry-based instructional design, is one of the first public high schools of its kind.
As the needs of industry and workforce constantly change, our students will be prepared to enter a job market where technology and computer science skills are a basic requirement. Employment opportunities in technology-related careers are growing at a faster rate than other industries.
Inquiry design and project-based learning provide the instructional framework, innovation and computer science are the focus, and academic courses are integrated to offer a dynamic, student-centered academic experience. Students receive a full high school curricula of core academic classes and electives, including career and technical education (CTE) classes, at Phoenix Coding Academy.
Community and industry partnerships facilitate guest instructors and workshops, field trips, mentors and job-shadowing, and internships for students and staff. CTE pathways such as software development (game, app, and web development) and computer networking and cybersecurity may lead to select industry certification and college dual enrollment, and will prepare students for success in college, career, and life.
- Want to be an active participant in your education
- Have a strong interest in a technology career
- Want to become creators, innovators, and problem-solvers
- Will embrace the diversity within the local and global community
- Are innovative, flexible, and forward-thinking
- Are able to work independently and with small teams
- Are open-minded to taking on new challenges
...then Phoenix Coding Academy may be the school for you.