Name: Eureka HallSubjects: PE/ Fitness &SportsDegree(s): Bachelor's DegreeEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Eureka Hall was born in Phoenix, AZ in 1973. Eureka is a proud mother of two. Currently she resides in Goodyear, AZ.
Eureka began participating in sports at the age of seven. She began competing through USA track and field with the Jesse Owen's Track Club. She won nationals in the 200 meters in Los Angeles, CA, and the 400 meters in Lincoln, NE. Besides competing at a very young age she moved to Safford, AZ with the Griffin's family, where she attended Safford High School in 1989-92. While competing at Safford, Eureka was a 4 time state champion in the 100, 200, and 400 meters. Eureka received 16 total individual championships from 1991-92 and was selected as the all-around athlete at the Great Southwest winning gold medal in the 100, 200 and 400 meters. Also, while competing in high school in 1991 and 1992 she was selected as the year's recipient of the Gatorade Circle of Champions Arizona High School Girls Track and Field Athlete of the Year. In 1991 Eureka was also named by the Arizona Republic as the Women's Track and Field athlete of the Year for the state of Arizona. Eureka still holds high school records today in 400 meters, 52.99 and in the 200 meters, 23.89. Eureka was a U.S. Junior Champion in the 400 meters.
While attending Louisiana State University as a Lady Tiger, Eureka was a three-time NCAA champion. In 1992 she qualified at the Olympic Trials, advancing to the second round in New Orleans. Eureka Hall was ranked number one at the U.S. pre in the 400 meters and number five in the 200 meters. Eureka was also an All-American track and field team member in 1994 and 1996.The Lady's Tiger won the Penn Relays 4x200 meter and set all-American Record. Eureka is an inductee in Louisiana State University Athletic Hall of Fame.
- Office Hours 7:00am - 3:00pm
- Plan for Success
- This course will provide an environment for students to improve their Health related fitness skills along with learning personal workout guidelines. The settings of the class will be varied to provide a variety of fitness activities thus giving the student an opportunity to reach a higher level of fitness through guided activities.
- Physical Education/Fitness &Sports Course Description
- The fitness component required the student to be proficient and demonstrate improved physical fitness in health related fitness skills. Students are required to fully participate in all activities that will improve personal fitness and gain the knowledge and skills to adopt physical activity as a lifelong habit. Fitness and Sports course will provide an environment for students to improve their health related fitness skills along with learning personal workout guidelines.The setting of the class will be varied to provide a variety of fitness activities thus giving the student an opportunity to reach a higher level of fitness through guided activities.
- Teaching Philosophy
- I find that my mission as a teacher is threefold:
- to promote positive learning;
- to spark learner enthusiasm for learning;
- and to provide a strong foundation for lifelong learning
- Rules and Expectations
- Be on time for class
- Be respectful of other's opinions
- No gum, food, drinks, or electronic devices during class
- No vulgar language
- Come to class prepared
- Sports coached
- Varsity Track and Field
- JV Volleyball