Name: Mark MeyersSubjects / Classes Taught: Basic Conversational English/Basic and Intermediate ELL Reading/Reading fundamentalsDegree(s): English B.A/Masters of Business Administration/Master of Arts in EnglishEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is my pleasure to be working at Cesar Chavez High School. I have been a high school teacher in the Phoenix area for approximately 15 years. I was fortunate to choose a career that suits me, teaching. I enjoy working with young people, and I certainly enjoy literature and writing. I have a lot of energy and enthusiasm for teaching: it is thouroughly my pleasure to work with the students here at Chavez. They have and will continue to do great things in life. It is my philosophy that ALL students can be successful--I take it as a personal challenge to reach every individual student. I believe that every person has a natural gift and teachers can help students find it. This year I will be teaching Reading Fundamentals and ELL Reading. I have a unique opportunity to help many kids pass the AIMS exam and succeed beyond that immdediate goal because of the strengths of our programs here at Chavez. Reading 180 and System 44 are research based programs that have a dramatic impact on student growth in reading.I also have taught composition at various local community colleges. I am one of the few individuals in this universe who enjoy learning about English grammar. Down the road, in "retirement", I will consider a position at a community college, applying my interests in linguistics and composition.
- Room # 5202
- Office Hours 7:00am-3:00pm: I will be tutoring in the freshman house(6000) buidling Mon and Wed after school, sometimes other days as well.
- Textbook(s) Reading 180/ELL System 44
- Students must be prepared: bring notebooks, textbook if applicable and a pencil. You will be need to buy one for .10 if you forget!
- Students must be engaged to get the most of the learning process.
- Students are encouraged to have fun and push themselves!
- And like your airline pilot says, "Turn off and remove all electronic devices!" It's not just a good idea, it's the law!
- Come ready to work diligently. ALL STUDENTS CAN SUCCEED, and I DO NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING LESS THAN YOUR BEST!
- Students who need extra help will be expected to attend tutoring. I will give extra credit.
Some useful links: