If you are a gifted student looking for some inspiration, check out some of these sites:
- New to gifted education? Perhaps try this link - Definitions of Giftedness
- or maybe dive a little deeper with - "What Do You Know About Gifted Education"
- So you think you might be weird? No - you're just very very special - learn about Dabrowkski's 5 Overexcitabilities (details here from SENG, simple examples here) (well, it's probable you're a bit quirky ;-)
- Have you heard about changing your brain for the better? There is a lot to learn about Mindfulness...
- are you frustrated that people don't understand your ideas? You're not the first, take a gander at Plato's Allegory of the Cave, and what it might mean - does it sound like things that happen to you?
- oh, and just because you're amazing at something doesn't mean you have to master it... multipotentialites know there's so much to explore, Oh the places you'll go!
- and if you're into being in smart people clubs, MENSA might be for you...
- Or maybe you're just interested in learning more about different kinds of personalities!
- The Library has lots of resources, puzzles, and books as well.
- Do things come easy to you? Probably - but that doesn't mean you shouldn't consider working very hard at things you want to become an expert in - see what Harvard has to say about becoming an expert