Below are several links to websites and resources that can help with the college admissions process.
- College Depot - College Depot at Phoenix Public Library is a free, full-service college access center located at the Burton Barr Central Library in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Highly Selective Colleges and Universities - PXU's page of resources for getting into highly competitive colleges and universities.
College Search and General Information:
- CollegeBoard - Search for colleges by location, majors, type, and campus life.
- CollegeData - Search for colleges, financial aid, and scholarship information.
- CollegeXpress - Enter a field of study, and get a list of colleges with good programs in that field. Also, scholarship information.
- College Transitions Dataverse - Early Action and Early Decision vs. Regular Decision Admission Rates
- U.S. News Best Colleges - Expert advice, rankings and data to help you navigate your educational journey and find the best college for you.
- Coalition for College - 150+ top colleges & universities working together to help you learn about, prepare for, and apply to college.
- The Common Application - One application. Over 1,000 diverse institutions of higher education.
- College Essay Guy - College essay and application support.
- Essays That Worked - Successful essays from Johns Hopkins University.
- Ask Benji - Benji is your digital FAFSA assistant.
- College Depot - Resources, including videos, checklists, and handouts on the FSAID and FAFSA.
- CSS Profile Student Guide - Information on the CSS Profile, which allows students to access institutional financial aid.
- Differences Between FAFSA and CSS Profile - All schools accept the FAFSA for federal aid, but only some accept the CSS Profile for state and institutional aid.
- Dreamers, DACA, Stuck on FAFSA - Resources on the PXU webpage.
- MeritMore - Search the largest pool of financial aid and manage your admissions process like a pro.
- MyinTuition - Quick college cost estimator.
- TuitionFit - TuitionFit gives college-bound students, families and college search counselors the pricing information they need to make confident, informed decisions, making it possible for more students to go to college, thrive, and begin adult life without excess student loan debt.
- Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) - The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is an agreement among WICHE’s 16 members, through which 160+ participating public colleges and universities provide steep nonresident tuition savings for Western students.
- LEDA (Leadership Enterprise for a Diverse America) - Each year, LEDA recruits 100 exceptional public high school students who demonstrate leadership potential and may benefit from additional support as they navigate their journey to and through college.
- The Gates Scholarship - The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households.
- QuestBridge - QuestBridge is a powerful platform that connects the nation's brightest students from low-income backgrounds with leading institutions of higher education and further opportunities.
- The Posse Foundation - Posse and its partner institutions empower diverse groups of leaders who transform communities, this country and the world.
- See also: Posse Virtual Program for Phoenix.
- Flinn Foundation - The Flinn Scholars Program, supported by the Flinn Foundation and Arizona’s three state universities, covers the cost of tuition, fees, housing, meals, and study abroad. The full-ride, merit-based scholarship is valued at more than $130,000 and is available only to Arizona high-school seniors.
- Mometrix Blog - List of 175 scholarship opportunities, some of which are already included above.
- STEP: Student Expedition Program - STEP educates and empowers low-income Arizona high schoolers to enroll in and graduate from college.