ElevateEdAZ is an initiative of the Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation focused on aligning classes and curriculum with workforce needs, creating opportunities for students to apply academics through work-based learning, and increasing student exposure to career pathways. ElevateEdAZ is designed as a model for Arizona schools to better integrate high wage, high demand, high skill career pathways into the K-12 education system. With College and Career Coaches already embedded at the Academies at South Mountain, Metro Tech High School, and Phoenix Coding Academy, ElevateEdAZ looks forward to providing many impactful experiences to students and educators this coming school year.
Looking ahead, ElevateEdAZ will be working in partnership with PXU educators at partner schools to:
- Generate greater employer engagement in classrooms, including Elevate Your Network events, guest speaking events, panels, resume building workshops, mock interviews, and more
- Increase the number of job shadow opportunities for students to learn from industry professionals first-hand
- Increase the number of high-quality internship opportunities for students aligned with completion of their CTE programs
- Partner with educators to provide employer-led career awareness opportunities for students to explore high wage, high demand industries
- Support PXU district and school staff with information and resources on top industry-recognized credentials aligned with CTE programs and promote completion of these certifications with students
- Support and promote student attainment of early post-secondary credit to prepare students for success in college
- Support educators' professional development by providing Educator Externships in partnership with the Center for the Future of Arizona, Arizona Business and Education Coalition, and the Pima County Superintendent’s Office
Despite the challenges faced over the past year, ElevateEdAZ:
- Engaged 70+ unique businesses to provide work-based learning, career exploration, and career preparation opportunities for students and teachers
- Hosted 11 Elevate Your Network virtual events for students, including employer panels, interview workshops, and mock interview events
- Provided 2,200+ students with YouScience insight on their interests and aptitudes
- Adopted and launched the CommunityShare platform in April 2020 to connect educators with business professionals to increase work-based learning opportunities for students
Interested in learning more? Connect with the ElevateEdAZ College and Career Coach on your campus today! Click here for more information about the College and Career Coaches.
Launched in 2020, ElevateEdAZ prepares individuals for college and career through stronger alignment between education, business, and the community. ElevateEdAZ is an initiative of the Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation.
About the Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation
The Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation convenes and catalyzes business, education, and community to enhance college and career readiness, develop a stronger workforce, and build healthier communities throughout Arizona.