Student Support Services provides a number of free and confidential services and supports to the school community. Student Support

    Services personnel encompass many aspects of the high school environment including Social Workers, Student Prevention/ Intervention

    Specialist, Behavior Intervention Specialist, Student Liaisons, and Community Liaisons.


    Student Support Service personnel, provide:
    • Crisis intervention

    • Individual and group services, social/emotional support, and case management

    • Home visits to understand and address barriers to learning

    • Assistance to link students and families with school and community resources

    • Collaboration with school personnel to assess students’ social/emotional or behavior obstacles to academic success

    • Development and coordination of prevention and intervention programs and activities

    • Conflict resolution sessions through restorative conversations and mediations

    • Problem-solving, de-escalation, and coping tools

    • Assistance to families in need of shelters, food boxes, clothing, school supplies and basic needs Identification of barriers to success and implementation of Tier 1, 2, and 3 interventions

    When should I refer a student to the Student Support Center?

    A student should be referred to Student Support Services when the student shows signs of social and/or emotional difficulties, which are interfering with the student’s success at school. These issues may include:

    • Mental health issues

    • Suicidal ideation

    • Abuse or neglect

    • Lack of basic needs/homelessness

    • Pregnancy, teen parent needs

    • Change in academic performance

    • Chronic attendance or tardiness issues

    • Coping or social skills deficits

    • Facilitation of school-home-community communication

    • Student advocacy

    • Community agency referral, monitoring, and collaboration

    • Staff support and/or development

    • Substance Abuse


    Should you believe a student has been harmed or have concerns about a student’s safety, please report to DCS.

    Department of Child Safety (DCS), dcs.az.gov

    Arizona Child Abuse Hotline: 1-888-SOS-CHILD/ (1-888-767-2445)

    If a student is experiencing an emotional or mental health crisis or you have concerns about the imminent safety of a student after school hours or on a weekend, contact the Crisis Response Network and/or 911 for immediate support.

    Crisis Response Network: 602-222-9444

    Other helpful phone numbers include:

    Phoenix PD Non-Emergency: 602-262-6151

    Crisis Text Line: Text "TALK" to 741-741

    Warm Line: 602-347-1100

    AZ Teen Lifeline: 602-248-TEEN

    Carl Hayden Staff Who Need to Make Student Referrals: Fill out an online referral form that will be sent directly to Student Support Services.  Referral for Intervention