The health and safety of our students, staff and families is our priority. As we offer on-site learning spaces for students who need a safe space to participate in their remote learning classes, PXU will implement the health and safety guidelines below. All students, staff, families and visitors are expected to follow these protocols while on campus.
- All students and staff are required to respond to a brief set of questions focused on identifying known COVID-19 symptoms, as well as receive a temperature check upon entering campuses. Per CDC guidelines, any student with responses coinciding with known COVID-19 symptoms will remain in an isolated area until a parent or guardian is able to pick them up from school. Any student that is sick or not feeling well is asked to stay home. Visitors on campus beyond the administration building will be limited.
- All students, staff, families and visitors are required to wear a cloth facemask at all times, including outdoors when 6-foot social distancing is not possible. Students are required to bring their own facemask; one will be provided if needed. Facemasks may be removed while eating or drinking. Students with a medical condition preventing the use of a facemask must submit a note from their doctor to the school nurse.
- All students, staff, families and visitors are required to practice 6-foot social distancing. Seating and common areas, hallways and other foot traffic areas will be marked to honor 6-foot social distancing protocols.
- Campuses will be cleaned daily following CDC guidelines. High touch areas such as doors, door handles, light switches and drinking fountains, will be cleaned frequently throughout the day. Paper towels, cleaner and hand sanitizer will be placed in high traffic areas throughout campus. HVAC systems will be monitored and maintained for proper airflow and circulation.
- Frequent hand washing will be encouraged at regular intervals throughout the day. Staff will follow CDC guidelines when exchanging items with students. Drinking fountains will be available for refilling water bottles only.
- All students have been issued a laptop device which will minimize joint use of computers. Students are asked to regularly clean their laptop following proper cleaning protocols for electronic devices (never spray liquids directly onto the laptop, instead spray cleaner onto a cloth and use the cloth to wipe the computer).
- In the event a student or staff member contracts COVID-19, PXU will follow CDC and Maricopa County Department of Health guidance as it relates to notification, cleaning protocols, quarantine and site closure.