Phoenix Union High School District Black Alliance Future HBCU TourFor most of America’s history, HBCUs have played a critical role in ensuring that African Americans—and students of all races—receive a quality education. At this time, the safety and well-being of our students and staff is a top priority. We will resume college tours when it is safe to do so. Stayed tuned.
Student Criteria and Expectations
PXU students have the opportunity to apply for an all-expenses-paid scholarship for an HBCU Tour sponsored by Phoenix Union High School District Black Alliance and the Burton Foundation.
- PXU junior or senior
- 2.5 unweighted GPA or higher
- Active member in a club or sport at school
- Must participate in ACT Boot Camps
- Must attend Mandatory Pre-Tour Parent and Student Meeting
- Must participate in 2 additional college readiness events
- A completed application, including essay, must be submitted by the deadline - NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
Meet with your counselor or BSU Club sponsor(s) for more information about a future tour!
Questions/Concerns: please email Ms. Sandra Jenkins at email@example.comClick on a logo below to learn more about the schools that you'll be visiting while on the tour.