College/Career Fairs & Informational Sessions
Colleges that Change Lives
The Sister Colleges Mini College Fair
Military Academy Workshop
Coast to Coast College Tour
September 11, 12, and 16
Exploring Educational Excellence
September 18th (Tucson), September 19th (Greater Phoenix)
Phoenix College HBCU Fair
NACAC Greater Phoenix National Fair
October 20th and 21st
2019 AAMC Minority Student Medical Career Fair
Attendees will get the opportunity to:
- Meet diversity affairs, admissions, PhD/ MD-PhD program directors or administrators from U.S. medical schools along with other health professions school administrators;
- Hear panel discussions about the pathways to become a physician or medical researchers;
- Learn about Aspiring Docs, Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP), Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), and other AAMC services;
- Participate in hands-on medical and health activities; and
Participate in roundtable discussions with current medical school students
Mayo Clinic Health Careers Fair
January 11, 2020
Construction Science Technology Apprenticeship Fair
April 1, 2020
Virtual College Exploration Week
Juniors can register now and choose from 96 sessions from over 300 Arizona, national, and international colleges and universities. Sessions will provide tips from admissions officers and other information to assist with the college exploration and application process.
Register here--- https://www.strivescan.com/virtual/
PXU 2020 College Workshops
Get a feel for the future by participating in college readiness camps and workshops! Gain valuable college knowledge, improve your ACT scores, and boost your admission chances by participating in these spring and summer opportunities. All PXU 2020 College Readiness activities are intended for juniors in the class of 2021.
PXU Pathways to Highly Selective Colleges and Universities Conference
This workshop will be on January 11th at College Depot from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Required minimum GPA is 3.5.
Session topics include: Paying for College, Writing your College Essay, Submitting your Strongest College Applications, Demonstrating Interest, and Summer Program Opportunities. Lunch will be served!
We have a capacity of 200.
The following schools with generous financial aid and merit scholarships have confirmed:
- Bates College - Maine
- Bryn Mawr College (Women's only) - Pennsylvania
- Claremont McKenna College - California
- Colby College - Maine
- Davidson College - North Carolina
- Franklin & Marshall College - Pennsylvania
- Gettysburg College - Pennsylvania
- Grinnell College - Iowa
- Haverford College - Pennsylvania
- Johns Hopkins University - Maryland
- Kenyon College - Ohio
- Lehigh University - Pennsylvania
- Lycoming College - Pennsylvania
- Marist College - New York
- Princeton University - New Jersey
- University of Chicago - Illinois
- Washington University in St. Louis – Missouri
ACT Test Prep: On average, students who participate raise their composite scores between 2-5 points.
All sessions will run from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm (See below for locations and dates)
Important: You are allowed to register for multiple sessions. We suggest you choose one camp in spring and one in summer at the location closest to you. ACT skill focus areas will include: Pacing, test question familiarity and strategies in English, reading, math, and science, understanding content and how high scores unlock possibilities for merit scholarships.
Note: Students who participate in 2020 camps and earn high composite scores may be eligible for paid test prep tutor opportunities the summer following graduation.
College Depot: February 1, February 8, February 15 and February 22
Bioscience (Only open to Bioscience students): February 1, February 8, February 15 and February 22
College Depot: May 26th - May 29th
Cesar Chavez: June 1st - June 4th
Trevor Browne: June 8th - June 11th
Launch to College Workshop (For students considering schools out-of-state)
July 27th - 28th at College Depot from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. Lunch will be served each day.
Learn more about institutions that offer generous financial aid and/or merit-based scholarships. Many schools do not consider family income/financial assets in the admissions process. This workshop will cover the Common Application, the brag sheet, narrowing your college list, and writing your personal essay. This two-day workshop pairs well with the three-day Liftoff to College workshop later the same week.
Liftoff to College Application Workshop
July 29th- 31st at College Depot from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. Lunch will be served each day.
Students attending this workshop will complete all in-state applications and attend information sessions from both public and private in-state universities.
Be A Leader Senior Boot Camp
Get access to exclusive Be A Leader scholarships, personalized assistance with scholarships/the college application process and network with college students and professionals. Location: ASU Mercado.
- Session 1: Saturday May 30 - Retreat
- Session 2: Tuesday, June 2
- Session 3: Tuesday, June 9
- Session 4: Tuesday, June 16
- Session 5: Tuesday, June 23
- Session 6: Tuesday, July 7
- Session 7: Tuesday, July 14
- Session 8: Monday - Friday, July 20 - 24 College Tour Week - NAU, UA, GCU
Register using this link or the QR Code!