Hayden Library Policies
Falcons, visit the Hayden Library for print and online resources covering a wide range of subjects and reading levels. Our collections feature fiction, nonfiction, reference and short stories, as well as children’s books, e-books, graphic novels (comics and anime/manga) and select titles in Spanish.
Study tables located in the library offer students comfortable areas to read and work before school, during lunch, and after school.
The online catalogue is accessible on our library page. All students are one to one at Hayden and can access the catalogue from their devices.
Teachers, please schedule with Mrs. Valencia for booktalks, whole class checkouts, and support with class research.
Book Checkout Policy
- After school starts, a student needs a pass in their planner/agenda from class, and an ID in order to come to the library to checkout a book.
- Book checkout is limited to five (5) books at a time.
- Books are checked out for three (3) weeks for students, and three (3) weeks for staff.
- If a student needs more time, he/she may bring the book to renew it for another three (3) weeks.
- If a student forgets his/her ID or has a fine or overdue book, we will only hold books for one week.
- Students and staff are charged if books are damaged, lost, or not returned. Debts are public records and cannot be cleared without payment or return of the lost item(s). After payment is made at the Bookstore, we will clear the patron’s fines.
- There are no fines or charges for overdue items.