How to Help Yourself
You are going to come to points in your education and your life where you don't know what to do. It happens to all of us. At those points, do not give up or just stop trying. Successful people learn how to help themselves. You need to do everything you can to help yourself get unstuck so you can succeed. For example, you can:
- Use the internet or books to find reliable information and websites that will help you understand more about the problem or situation.
- Watch videos
- Find someone to help or tutor you.
- Come in for Advisory, lunch, or before/after school for help.
DON'T STAY STUCK!!
Here are a few places to start:
- Check OneNote - Do you have notes or demo problems/pages on this?
- Check Formative - Was there a PowerPoint, or examples, or readings that dealt with this?
- Check one of the Online Help sites listed below.
- Google what you need help with or search in YouTube.
How to Succeed in Physics
Here are some 'how-to' handouts and some of the basic reference materials you'll need to succeed in class.
Online Help Sites
- Physics Classroom (click on Physics Tutorial and search the index)
- Khan Academy (create a free account and search for whichever topic you need help on)
- PhET Physics Simulations
- The Universe and More (games, videos, and...like they said...more)
- Hyperphysics (click on the bubbles in the graphic organizer until you get to the topic you need)
If you discover a site that has good tutorials and physics help, let me know so I can add it to this list.