ACT FEES AND FEE WAIVERS
Cost: The registration fee for the ACT is $60 without writing and $80 with writing. The fee includes reports for you, your high school, and up to four colleges. There is a fee of $15 for each report sent to additional colleges.
Fee Waiver: ACT fee waivers are available to qualifying students. Students can receive up to four fee waivers which cover an unlimited number of free score reports and free access to self-paced test prep. See your counselor to obtain a FREE FEE WAIVER.
Why Take the ACT?
1. Most Colleges Will Require Scores | Most colleges want to see how you did on the ACT and/or SAT. Colleges will accept either one—you don't need to submit both unless you want to.
2. Scholarships | Many colleges reward students with Merit Scholarships, which are based on grades, class rank, and test scores.
3. The ACT is Content-Based | Designed to measure curriculum knowledge and achievement in English, mathematics, reading, and science. ACT is based on what you learned in school.
4. You Can Send 4 Free Scores to Your Schools of Choice | Most schools, if you send them more than one ACT score, will simply use your highest ACT composite score from single test date. So, if you took the ACT three times and received composite scores of 28, 29, and 30, the school would use your composite and section scores of the test date when you received a 30.
5. College and Career Planning | The ACT includes a free education and career planning segment to help you plan for college, comparing your interests with the kinds of majors and occupations that may be right for you.
FREE ACT Test Prep
Click on the subject below to access the ACT Test Prep online.
ACT Study Guide