CTE Integrated STEM Programs...
- Apply equal attention to the standards and objectives of two or more of the STEM fields.
- Involve students in defining authentic problems, working with others, and building real solutions -students learn to reflect on the problem-solving process while improving their math and science scores.
- Accomplished through a series of open-ended, hands-on activities related to a thematic topic that addresses important concepts related to STEM disciplines.
Goals of STEM Education
- Ensure a STEM Capable Citizenry
- Build a STEM Proficient Workforce
- Cultivate STEM Experts
- Close the Achievement and Participation Gap
STEM and Other Federal Initiatives
- Race To The Top (RTTP)
- Seeks reforms in Education by Adopting standards and assessments that prepare students to succeed in college and the workplace and to compete in the global economy.
- 21st Century Learning Community Centers (21st CLCC)
- Remedial education activities and academic enrichment learning programs, including those which provide additional assistance to students to allow the students to improve their academic achievement; Mathematics and science education activities; Telecommunications and technology education programs; Programs that promote parental involvement and family literacy.
- Arizona STEM Network