AP US HistorySummer Assignment:
Due on the first day of school: August 3, 2015
Read April Morning by Howard Fast:
· This is a historical novel about the Battle of Lexington and Concord in 1775, the first battle of the American Revolution.
· You must obtain your own copy of this book. It is available for sale on http://www.amazon.com or at local book stores like Half-Price Books. You may be able to find copies in the public library.
Summarize the book:
· Write or type a summary for each section of the book:
o The Afternoon
o The Evening
o The Night
o The Morning
o The Forenoon
o The Midday
Reaction: Write or type at least 200 words answering the following question:
In what ways are you the same as the main character, Adam Cooper? In what ways are you different?
Map: Draw a map by hand representing the key events of the Battle of Lexington and Concord on April 19, 1775.
Additional Research: Life in Colonial America and the American Revolution
· Write a list of six questions about things you want to learn about life in Colonial America and The American Revolution.
· Do research to find the answers to your questions.
· Write or type the answers to your questions.
· Attach a list of sources you used to find the answers.