Education and Career Action Plan (ECAP)Your ECAP gives you a voice and a choice in personalizing your education around your interests, skills and aspirations. Highlighting the opportunities available to you during and after high school.
- Create an online ECAP portfolio on the career cruising website
- Complete a series of assessments and planning activities identifying personal/social, career and academic goals
- Review and reflect on your plan with parents, teachers and school counselors
Use xello to explore career and college options and develop a career plan!
Features of this website include:
- Interest and Skills Assessment a world-renowned career assessment tool to help people identify suitable career options based on their interests and skills
- Career Profiles thorough and up-to-date information about hundreds of different occupations, including direct links between careers and college programs
- Personal Graduation Plans – Allows high school students to plan four year coursework
- Multimedia Interviews with real people in each occupation, which add depth and realism to career profiles
- College and Financial Aid Information comprehensive college and financial aid information, with a number of useful search tools to help students find the right college and the right scholarships
- Electronic Career Portfolio available online, so students can develop their education and career plans from wherever they access Career Cruising
- Resume Builder integrated with the portfolio to help students format and print professional-looking resumes quickly and easily
PUHSD Four Year PlanIt is important that students develop a four-year high school plan that recognizes their needs, interests, abilities and objectives. Our school counselors are available to assist students and parents in planning or evaluating a program of study. Planning assures the student meets all requirements for graduation along with completing courses needed to fulfill specific career objectives, education, training or job entry.